Are you interested in healthcare but do not have a clinician background?
Why not apply for our Administrative roles at the Flu Centre to be at the heart of today’s healthcare activities.
Full time hours, 9.00-17.00 Monday to Friday (weekend hours also possible so please do apply if you prefer weekends). Rate £10.74 per hour.
Overview of tasks:
- To possess full understanding of the computer systems and to fully use the functions required for regular use of the complex Elms system to include equipment detail, deliveries, collections and stock control.
- To receive and process referrals to the service from Elms online, or urgent phone calls, ensuring that essential information has been provided.
- To liaise with staff (internal and external) to ensure that prescribed equipment is delivered/collected efficiently within specified timescales.
- To abstract and analyse patient records/referrals using judgement to provide correct equipment, referring back to a medical professional if necessary to agree conclusion.
- To act as first point of contact for any problems, queries, complaints arising from the day-to-day running of the department.
- Liaising with patients, their relatives (often distressed and/or terminally ill) and professionals by telephone and in person
- To act independently to prioritise and plan own and drivers’ daily workload, making decisions using knowledge and experience of systems and procedures, routine and non-routine, to maintain an efficient service whilst maximising driver/fitter schedules & managing the waiting list to adhere to KPI’s.
- To concentrate for prolonged periods on computer (almost continuously) while being frequently interrupted by telephone (and office) queries and demands.
- Experience in a similar administrative role with strong coordination skills.
- An empathetic approach with the ability to remain calm when faced with distressed patients.
- DBS check (Med-Co will help you obtain this and will reimburse the full cost once you have worked for 2 weeks in the position – the check is yours so can also be used to apply for other roles)
- Available for a temporary role
- Comfortable working in a Covid related setting (with all protective measures followed at all times)
For more information or to apply, call 01792 224224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.