Our client is a privately owned, fast-growth Private Medical business who are growing their Laboratory services across London / Greater London, you will be joining as a Biomedical Scientist with Haematology experience.
It is an exciting time to be joining this business to be part of the original team and help create and build the Pathology laboratories in and around London. You will work from the laboratory in Windsor.
Please note: the role is 40 hours per week and currently the timetable is 9am-5.30pm, including some weekends. However, as the business grows you will start to work shifts of 8 hours between 4am and midnight. All timetables will be confirmed in advance to provide you with planning time.
Salary £30K-45K per annum
You must have a car to access the Windsor laboratory.
- Carrying out routine analysis of specimens across a variety of disciplines including Haematology, Biochemistry, and Immunology.
- Working with Medical Laboratory Assistants and Senior Biomedical Scientists to complete swift and accurate analysis of specimens in line with local SOPs and ISO 15189:2012.
- Reporting of results and escalating/troubleshooting results where appropriate.
- Maintaining laboratory stock levels and working collaboratively with the stock management/procurement team to ensure adequate stock at all times.
- Ensuring equipment is well maintained, liaising with the equipment team to escalate faults and ensuring equipment is calibrated and in good working order at all times.
- Ensuring a high standard of laboratory housekeeping in line with 5S principles and local laboratory facility SOPs.
- Ensuring adherence to all laboratory SOPs, policies and processes.
- Performing work in line with ISO15189 requirements.
- Performing work in line with company EHS and general best laboratory practices.
- Must have experience in Haematology, biomedical experience and experience working within an ISO15189:2012 accredited blood sciences laboratory.
- Minimum 18 months experience.
- HCPC registration (mandatory)
- Experience with a wide array of analysers both point of care and laboratory based.
- Experience in validation/verification of new equipment/assays
- Super organised: used to juggling multiple projects with different priorities and working to short deadlines
- Strong attention to detail: our team rely on us to ensure projects run perfectly
- Tech savvy: confident using MS Office
- Have a growth mindsight: we’re growing fast, and you’ll be expected to offer ideas where processes can be improved and drive your own personal development
- Excellent verbal and written skills: you should be able to draft clear, concise communications, adapting tone and style as appropriate.
For more information call 01792 224224 or click below to apply!