Working with the MOD is rewarding and interesting. Helping to keep our military in tip-top condition!
We have an excellent opportunity for a Dental Nurse in Barnstaple, Devon working for the MOD.
Start asap until March 2022 – 27hrs per week, Monday to Friday
New assignments are opening daily so please do not hesitate to contact us if you are looking to work in a different location. Approximately 90% of assignments are extended so there is the possibility to have stability from working for the MOD.
Why locum at the Ministry of Defence?
- Daytime, weekday hours to facilitate an optimum work-life balance
- Excellent working environment – a multi-disciplinary team in a well equipped medical facility
- Engaging work that really matters, where you have a direct impact on the quality of services they provide.
- Opportunity to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
- Roles can offer great job satisfaction!
Is Agency work for you?
- Our aim is to create a positive, professional relationship with our candidates so that we can continue to offer you interesting and rewarding assignments on an ongoing basis.
- Greater variety and, in some cases, attractive financial packages.
- Weekly pay with transparent pay rates.
- A dedicated recruiter to ease you through the application process and answer any questions before, during or after your assignment.
- Free training via Blue stream.
We love our company but we know we have to do better than that! Med-Co has decades of experience with many long standing candidates and clients on our books. We treat our staff like family and when we invite you into our fold you become a part of that family. We care about each and every one of our clients and candidates alike.
Dental Nurse – Essential Requirements:
- Fully registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) without restrictions.
- Must hold valid suitable and appropriate indemnity insurance with a recognised dental defence organisation.
- Must provide evidence of clinical currency in accordance with JSP 950 Leaflet 4-1-4, Returning to Clinical Practice, specifically a minimum of 2 clinical sessions per week over the last 15 months.
- To have completed GDC highly recommended Continuing Professional Development (CPD) including medical emergencies, safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, disinfection and decontamination, radiography, and radiation protection.
- To be trained and current in emergency and resuscitation procedures and have practiced and tested these procedures at least annually in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines and JSP 950 Leaflet 4-6-1 DMS CPR Standards and Training).
- Must have undertaken the additional health clearance checks for clinicians required to perform Exposure Prone Procedures (in accordance with the Department of Health policy entitled “Health clearance for tuberculosis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV: New Healthcare Workers”).
For more information or to apply, call 01792 224224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.