At Med-Co SHS (Secure Healthcare Services), we are always looking to expand our team, meet interesting new people and offer exciting opportunities in the Secure Healthcare sector.
We are currently looking to recruit a prison experienced General Practitioner to work as part of the Clinician team in a wider multidisciplinary healthcare team, based within a cluster of 4 Prisons in the Surrey area, from 1st April 2021.
By joining our team of prison focused clinicians, you will become a valued member of our team and enjoy:
- Flexible working: we aim to accommodate your preferred working patterns as much as possible.
- Learning and development: access to exclusive online learning.
- Dedicated compliance support: help with all your mandatory paperwork.
- Hassle-free shift booking: access to our online rota system and dedicated support.
We have a number of different shifts / days available and though this is initially a full time role, part time / job share options will also be considered. Travel between sites may be required. We are also looking for bank staff to work on an ad-hoc basis.
- Be a registered GP with significant experience within the acute / secure setting.
- Have experience of using SystmOne, (further training is available).
- Have an understanding of prescribing within a secure environment / with substance misuse.
- Have a flexible attitude and be a team player but also have the ability to work alone.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a full driving licence.
- Be motivated, enthusiastic and committed to delivering high quality service and continuous professional development
- Two of the Prisons are female Prisons, so any prior experience of specialist female care would be advantageous.
- RCGP Part 1 in the management of Substance misuse or a willingness to undertake this qualification (if you have not yet completed RCGP Part 1, we will support you to undertake this module).
Please note successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Prison vetting.
For informal enquiries, please contact Leah on 07879 547077
To apply for this role, please send your CV to: Leah Davies (Rota and Compliance Administrator): firstname.lastname@example.org