We are looking for HCAs (Band 2) for ward-based roles in Hospitals to support staff in providing care to patients under the direction of a registered Nurse.
- Care of the Elderly
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To assist in admitting patients to the ward, completing demographic details and recording base-line observations.
- To provide care to patients following instructions in the care plan, programme or pathway.
- To demonstrate competence in the accurate recording of routine clinical observations.
- To recognise abnormal recordings or signs of change in a patient’s condition and report changes to a registered nurse.
- To assist patients meet their personal care needs (includes hygiene, mobility, nutrition, elimination and comfort).
- To assist patients to eat and drink in a sensitive and supportive manner.
- To accurately record information on patient food charts and fluid balance charts, reporting concerns to a registered nurse.
- To assist clinical team with data entry, filing and maintaining accurate documentation of care.
- To assist in escorting, transferring and discharging patients, ensuring all property is packed and the bed area is prepared for the next patient.
- To ensure treatment rooms and ward areas are adequately stocked and tidy.
- To assist in resolving conflict by responding to concerns and complaints in a positive manner.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- You must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and other staff.
- A good standard of general education is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role or environment is desirable.
For more information call Hannah on 01792 224226 or email Hannah@med-co.com.