Are you a passionate Nurse who became a Health Visitor to help our children?
This is a challenging yet rewarding role where you make a real difference to our society. So many children rely on your expertise, compassion and determination to make their life safer.
At Med-Co we are also passionate about the wellbeing of children and are engaged in recruiting top Health Visitors.
We are currently looking for 2 x Health Visitors Band 6 for Children’s Community Services in Essex.
Dates: Start ASAP – end of May, Monday to Friday – no weekends
- Providing health advice and health education programmes
- Undertaking developmental assessments of babies and children
- Helping people come to terms with issues such as postnatal depression establishing and addressing key health needs
- Referral to and liaison with other relevant organisations
- Assessing parenting skills and children’s home situations, and offering parents any further support that may be needed
- Working with other professionals such as social workers, GPs and school nurses
- Working closely with other key workers, partners and services, such as Children Services, School Nursing, Family First
- Ability to address sensitive issues in a clear and supportive manner
- Demonstrate compassion
- Signposting and referring to other services
- System One (patient management system) experience.
Entry requirements & training:
- Need to be a registered midwife, adult, child mental health or learning disability nurse
- Completed a Specialist Community Public Health Nursing / Health Visiting course
- Up to date knowledge of the current national recommendations and public health agenda including the Healthy Child Programme
- Sound knowledge and experience of safeguarding children
For more information call 01792 224224 or email email@example.com