The successful candidate will become a part of a team, supporting service users in their own homes.
You will provide personal care needs and activities of daily living over a short term period of assessment and rehabilitation following discharge from hospital.
Weekday shifts are 16:00-20:00 perfect for candidates looking for extra work in the evenings.
12 hour shifts (08:00 – 20:00) are available on the weekends.
Hourly rates range between £9.57 – £17.70 depending on day and shift.
The role involves the following duties:
- Undertake a range of delegated clinically led activities, having received training and been assessed as competent.
- To carry out the agreed rehabilitation plan in accordance with instructions.
- Following prescribed aspects of care, supervising and assisting patients where necessary with personal and domestic living activities
- Escalate any changes in patient presentation or concerns you have to a more senior member of your team.
- Participating in support and education of patients and carers to promote independence, good health & personal safety.
- Provide and maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all patients and carers and seek further advice from trained staff if an emergency situation should arise.
- Contribute to the movement and handling of individuals to maximise their comfort and safety.
- To communicate effectively with patients and other stakeholders verbally, in writing and electronically using E-mail.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of direct patient care in a health care and/or social care setting.
Candidates will need the following to be considered for the role:
- NVQ Level 3 in Direct Care or working towards it or willingness to undertake
- Knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft word / excel
- An understanding of the role of intermediate care, and the wider NHS
- Full driving licence and access to car in work time in order to travel independently across Bristol
For more information call 01792 224224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.