The successful candidate will become a part of a team, supporting service users in their own homes.
You will provide personal care needs and activities of daily living over a short term period of assessment and rehabilitation following discharge from hospital.
You may be required to provide care at other sites, appropriate to the patients’ needs under the direction of the Registered Block bookings are available throughout August and September.
Weekday shifts are 16:00-20:00 perfect for candidates looking for extra work in the evenings.
12 hour shifts (08:00 – 20:00) are available on the weekends.
Hourly rates range between £9.57 – £17.70 depending on day and shift.
The role involves the following duties:
- Undertake a range of delegated clinically led activities, having received training and been assessed as competent.
- To carry out the agreed rehabilitation plan in accordance with instructions.
- Following prescribed aspects of care, supervising and assisting patients where necessary with personal and domestic living activities
- Escalate any changes in patient presentation or concerns you have to a more senior member of your team.
- Participating in support and education of patients and carers to promote independence, good health & personal safety.
- Provide and maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all patients and carers and seek further advice from trained staff if an emergency situation should arise.
- Contribute to the movement and handling of individuals to maximise their comfort and safety.
- To communicate effectively with patients and other stakeholders verbally, in writing and electronically using E-mail.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of direct patient care in a health care and/or social care setting.
Candidates will need the following to be considered for the role:
- NVQ Level 3 in Direct Care or working towards it or willingness to undertake
- Knowledge of computer systems i.e. Microsoft word / excel
- An understanding of the role of intermediate care, and the wider NHS
- Full driving licence and access to car in work time in order to travel independently across Bristol
For more information or to apply, please call Hannah on 01792 224226 or email to Hannah@med-co.com.