Do you dream of engaging work that really matters? Where you have a direct impact on the quality of services provided to patients? Are you warm and passionate about your work?
The MOD (Ministry of Defence) is a most desirable area to work within the healthcare sector and we are always looking for great HCAs to work across the UK.
There is a current MOD opening for a HCA Level 2 for the following assignment in Loughborough: Start asap-15/11/21 – 40 hours p/w. Start 01/9/21-07/03/22 – 40 hours p/w
Pay Rate: £11.84 per hour
About the Role:
- You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
- Ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
- To perform and report clinical observations to include; Temperature, Pulse, Respirations, Saturations, peak flow, blood pressure & urinalysis
- To report any changes in patient condition to the nurse in charge.
- To obtain samples as requested.
- To communicate effectively within the nursing team including the verbal and written handover of patient care.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward / department cleanliness.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward stock levels.
- To assist in the routine maintenance of clinical equipment; performing mandatory checks and reporting faults to the shift leader.
- To work in either complex trauma or neurological rehabilitation as required by service needs and directed by the clinical leads and Chain of Command.
- Must have either a NVQ/SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (or an equivalent Healthcare related NVQ) or the Care Certificate (Better skills, better jobs and better health
- Skills for Health Sector Council standards/item/ 216-the-care-certificate).
- Must have in date Medical Devices, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Manual Handling Training certificates completed within the last 12 months
So why locum at the Ministry of Defence?
- Daytime, week day hours for a great work-life balance
- Long-term assignments for continuity and stability
- Excellent working environment
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team in a well equipped medical facility
- Opportunity to work alongside military personnel on Army, Navy and Air Force bases, delivering an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families
- There is around a 90% chance that this assignment will be extended and if not, we will always try to find you another assignment nearby where possible.
Is agency work for you?
- A greater variety of jobs and attractive financial package
- Weekly pay with transparent pay rates
- A dedicated Recruiter to ease you through the application process and answer any questions before, during or after your assignment
- Free training via CPD-accredited online training provider, Bluestream.
For more information or to apply, call 01792 224224 or email email@example.com.