Our client is looking for an experienced and motivated Registered Manager to provide excellent leadership for the safe and efficient management of their residential care home for 19-20 elderly residents.
You will maintain their current CQC rating of Good, with Outstanding in care, and together with our client, you will work towards achieving an Outstanding rating overall.
It ticks along very nicely and has been featured very positively on national and local BBC and ITV over the past couple of years on several occasions. This is a lovely job for anyone wanting to manage a fab little care home by the seaside!
Day-to-day tasks / responsibilities
- To manage the home to the highest standard and lead by example in having a hands-on approach within the staff team
- To ensure that the provision of care to residents exceeds the standards outlined by the CQC
- To have contact with statutory authorities, community services, GPs, general suppliers, relatives and external agencies
- To lead the staff team and be a role model with credible skills, instilling great values, ethos and culture
- To manage all aspects of the Home within the agreed budget allocation and ensure that the environment is properly equipped and fit for purpose
- Along with Heads of Care, to ensure that individual care plans are developed, executed and evaluated for each resident
- To maintain a multi-disciplinary approach to care, and ensure the environment acknowledges and respects resident’s rights to choice, freedom, dignity, and individual lifestyle
- To be the first point of contact for out-of-hours issues, with support from Heads of Care
- To act, at all times, in accordance with legislation associated with care establishments and ensure that the highest standard of appropriate care is always provided
- To implement robust recruitment processes designed to safeguard, support and develop individuals
- To participate in a range of projects, initiatives and programs that enhance the care and reputation of the home.
Professional Requirements for the role
- Registered manager experience or deputy manager experience with the confidence to lead in a new role
- Qualified to Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Computer literate with excellent admin and staff management skills
- Possess a working knowledge of CQC Fundamental Standards & Care Act 2014
- To have knowledge of, or be willing to familiarise with, the electronic care planning system which is in place in the home (PCS)
- A flexible approach to working hours (with the ability to work hours to the needs of the business) and provide an on-call out-of-hours service with the support of Heads of Care
For more information call 01792 224224 or click below to apply!