Are you dedicated to helping your community and want a first chance at working within healthcare?
Did you always dream of working in healthcare but do not have much experience?
Working as a Podiatry Assistant could be just for you!
We are looking for someone to be a Podiatry Assistant for a temporary assignment until the end of the year. The main duties will include doing circulation and neurological (feeling) “checks” on diabetic’s feet and recording on this on SystemOne. May also involve assisting with a Podiatrist in the partial removal of nails under anaesthetic (ie passing equipment and prep of room etc)
Additional General Duties
- To assist in the preparation of the environment, including equipment and materials.
- Monitor and control stock levels
- Being aware of and working within relevant policies and procedures
- Education of patients by raising awareness of health issues
- Assisting individuals to locate and use health services and facilities as appropriate
- Dealing with occasionally aggressive patients
- Clinical: Understand and undertake an agreed range of clinical procedures and practices which require a basic level of theoretical knowledge when treating clients in podiatry e.g: Carry out annual Diabetes foot assessments including taking a full medical history, vascular and neurological assessment.
- Understanding the effects of Diabetes on the foot and the importance of referring on.
- Under the supervision of a registered podiatrist, provide health advice and minor treatments e.g wound care
- Assist in nail surgery procedures working within infection control maintaining a sterile environment.
- Ability to recognise and deal with situations which may become life threatening e.g anaphylaxis and hypoglycaemia.
- Responsible for the safe use and maintenance of medical equipment
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the environment
- Safe disposal of Sharps and clinical waste
- Contribute to the smooth and effective development and working of the clinical team.
- Comply with COSHH regulations
- Work within relevant policies and procedures.
- Administrative: Management of the weekly timetable
- Monitoring and management of waiting lists to ensure breaches are minimised.
- Recording of information onto system one.
- Weekly ordering of stock.
- Liaison with patients to book and amend appointments
- A good general standard of education to include 4 GCSE’s at Grade C and above including English and Maths or equivalent NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Basic I.T Literacy qualification
- Preferably previous experience as a Health Care Assistant
For more information or to apply, call 01792 224224 or email email@example.com.