Do you dream of engaging work that really matters?
Where you have a direct impact on the quality of services provided to patients?
Are you warm and passionate about your work?
The MOD (Ministry of Defence) is a most desirable area to work within the healthcare sector and we are always looking for great Nurses to work across the UK.
There is an MOD opening for General Practice Nurse Band 6, working full-time Monday to Friday, in Sleaford.
Rate: £22.77 per hour
There is around a 90% chance that this assignment will be extended and if not, we will always try to find you another assignment nearby where possible.
So why locum at the Ministry of Defence?
- Daytime, weekday hours for a great work-life balance
- Long-term assignments for continuity and stability
- Excellent working environment
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team in a well equipped medical facility
- Opportunity to work alongside military personnel on Army, Navy and Air Force bases, delivering an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families
Is Agency work for you?
- A greater variety of jobs and attractive financial package
- Weekly pay with transparent pay rates
- A dedicated Recruiter to ease you through the application process and answer any questions before, during or after your assignment
- Free training via CPD-accredited online training provider, Bluestream.
Specialist Practice Nurse – Essential Requirements:
- Must be Registered Nurse (Adult) Level 1 with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid, in date Personal Identification Number (PIN) and not be subject to any restrictions of practice.
- Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
- Must have a minimum of two years post registration experience in PHC practice.
- Must have a minimum of one year’s post registration in a Band 6 or higher grade in a Primary Healthcare (PHC) setting (within the last three years).
- Must be in date for Basic Life Support (BLS) Anaphylaxis, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Children and Young People and Vulnerable Adults Level 2 training.
- Must be able to provide certificates of training/qualification/update, as undertaken within the last three years, and/or be able to provide proof of clinical competency of the same from a previous employer or Line Manager, who is a current and practicing GMC or NMC Registrant, for:
o Immunisation and vaccination (including children if engaged within a families practice as identified in the Demand Order)
o Travel Health
o Minor Injuries
o Minor Illness / Common PHC Presentations
o Child Health in Primary Care (only if working in a families practice as identified in the Demand Order)
o Cervical Cytology Sample Taking (only if working in a Medical Facility where an essential requirement / skill gap is identified within the Demand Order)
o Preparation for Mentorship; Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice (SLAiP); Mentorship and Assessment in Practice; Clinical Supervision or equivalent.
Specialist Practice Nurse – About the Role:
- Flexible & adaptable with a proactive approach
- You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
- Deliver a professional & personal service at all times
- Ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
For more information or to apply call Nicole on 01792 224227 or email Nicole@med-co.com.